FIU FEEDS courses are hosted on Blackboard’s learning management system. It is the student’s responsibility to have access to a computer that meets or exceeds the minimum requirements needed to participate, before the end of the add/drop period. Each instructor and course may define additional requirements or software.
Video Streaming Requirements:
- Blackboard and FEEDS lecture videos: Requirements Check (must pass all checks)
- A high-speed internet connection (8+ Mbps or faster – Speedtest)
- Firefox is the recommended browser
- Adobe Flash Player
*Note: Some ISP’s block access to streaming due to firewalls set by network administrators. Check port access.
General System Requirements:
- Windows Vista/7 or Macintosh OS X 10.5 (or higher)
- 1GB of RAM recommended
- 6GB or more hard drive (1GB of free disc space recommended)
- FIU Student Email Access: PantherMail
- Sound card and speakers
- Anti-virus software (McAfee or Norton)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Reader